Liberty is not something that’s taught on the nightly news, or even in schools much any more. Fortunately, the message of our Founding Fathers stays alive through the marvels of modern technology.
Below are several free e-books that really allow you to grasp the concept of Liberty, sound money (i.e. not printing dollar bills out of thin air) and economics.
It is suggested that these be read in order, but we’re all free thinkers here, so do what you like.
- The Law (PDF) – Frederic Bastiat
- Economics in One Lesson (PDF) – Henry Hazlitt
- That Which is Seen, and That Which is Not Seen (Web) – Fredric Bastiat
- Lessons for the Young Economist (PDF) – Robert P. Murphy
- For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto (PDF) – Murray Rothbard
- What Has Government Done to Our Money? (PDF) – Murray Rothbard
- Economic Depressions: Their Cause and Cure (PDF) – Murray Rothbard
- The Truth About the “Robber Barons” (Web) – Thomas J. DiLorenzo
- Defending The Undefendable (PDF) – Walter Block
Once you get here, you are probably ready to run for office, and the Tampa Bay Liberty movement will no doubt support you.
Contact me if you read through the “Big Nine” and I will add you to the Liberty Hall of Fame!